The Stanford Archaeology Center invites applications for a post-doctoral fellowship in archaeological science. Preferred fields of expertise are materials science, GIS and/or quantitative/statistical/database applications in archaeology. The candidate is also expected to teach one course per year in archaeological science and engage with faculty and graduate students at the Center. The faculty sponsor of this postdoc will be Prof. Lynn Meskell.
The appointment carries a twelve-month salary commensurate with the University Provost established minimum pay levels based on research experience. The appointment may be eligible for renewal for up to two years based on satisfactory performance and the existence of funding. Post-doctoral scholars are required to be in residence in the Stanford area during the term of the appointment. Applicants must have received their Ph.D. by September 1, 2013. U.S. citizenship is not required.
The application receipt deadline is March 15, 2013. The position will begin September 1, 2013.
All applications must include the following:
- A current curriculum vitae
- A statement of proposed research
- A dissertation abstract or summary
- An undergraduate/graduate course proposal, inclusive of syllabus
- A writing sample (dissertation chapter or other paper)
- Three sealed letters of recommendation should be sent directly by the recommender to the address above.
Please direct inquiries to email@example.com.
Print materials submittion to:
Postdoctoral Fellowship Search Committee
Stanford Archaeology Center
P. O. Box 20446
Stanford, CA 94309