One or two doctoral or post-doctoral research position are vacant at the French Institute of South Africa. IFAS is a French Research Institute Overseas (IFRE) under the supervision of the French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs and the CNRS, covering Southern Africa (UMIFRE 25, USR 3336).
These posts are financed through non-renewable (save for exceptional reasons) relocation allowances (Aides à la Mobilité) for a maximum of nine months. Successful applicants will receive the scientific and logistic support of IFAS and will become involved in the scientific life of the Institute by regularly taking part in the ongoing activities (conferences, seminars, conferences, publications, etc.). The dead line for application is december 11th 2013.
Priority will be given to applicants whose research is in line with the research programmes of the Institute:
- Archaeology, history and memory
- Archeology and multidisciplinary studies of Middle and Late Stone Age, rock art
- Early modern and modern history of Southern Africa, integration of Southern Africa in Atlantic and Indian oceans circulations, history of knowledge, sciences and techniques
- Current issues of memory in Southern Africa, historical régimes
- Democratic transformations and urban dynamics