15-21 May 2016, Kalamata, Greece
SESSIONS: The scientific programme of ISA includes the following sessions:
- Remote sensing, geophysical prospection and field archaeology
- Human-environment interactions and biomaterials - Bioarchaeology
- Stone, plaster and pigments
- Ceramics, glazes, glass and vitreous materials
- Metals and metallurgical ceramics
- Special Theme Session-1: Environmental remote monitoring for archaeology and
- Special Theme Session-2: The beginning of the Bronze Age in Eastern
Additionally, a panel discussion will be held on the topic of "History,
archaeology and archaeometry: Defining a relationship".
PROCEEDINGS: The ISA2016 Proceedings will be published in a special issue of
Science and Technology of Archaeological Research (STAR), an open access
journal by Maney Publishing’s.
ABSTRACTS & GRANTS: Abstract submission and grant application are now open
through the conference website (isa2016.uop.gr). The submission deadline for
both abstracts and student grants is December 15, 2015.
Early registration will be available until February 15, 2016. The discount fee
is 170 € (90 € for students).
ACCOMMODATION: We encourage conferees to take advantage of the special prices
provided by a number of hotels in Kalamata. More detailed information.